Thursday 19 February 2009

Bloomin with Beauty - Versatility Box

Well it seems to be another Box Week this week! I just love making Boxes - Can you tell?

I found a Video on Laurens Website for this Very useful Versatility Box. Lauren designs the Timeless Templates for Papertrey and You can find the link from her Blog Here.

The Timeless Templates are a paying service but well worth investing in. You can find the Video on Lauren's Blog for this Versatility Box, which she has kindly done for FREE.

If you watch the Video, you will find out what sort of things this box is useful for and I'm sure we all hunt for little gifts to alter and this box is just for those little items we find on our Treasure Hunts.

For my attempt, I used Rose Red, Old Olive cardstock and Designer papers. You will need one sheet of 12 x 12 and one of A4, as our cardstock isn't 8 1/2" wide. My Class on Tuesday is Bloomin with Beauty stamp set and I always make another few things using the same stamp set but in a different colourway.
I used a square nestie to make a frame for the top and the centre square was turned at an angle underneath, as the Scallop Frame is popped up on foam pads. A scallop circle was used for the centre.
I added some dots in the scallops with the white gel pen and before adding the top layers, I added some Rose Red double stitched ribbon. I will probably add a little gift label, but I didn't get that far. Our House was a Mad House yesterday, with the Boys being home and playing on the XBox!! I felt like I was working in a War Zone and constantly being shot at or Blown Up! Hee! He!
For the inside, I have made a circle cut out to hold a Yankie Candle - Mmm! Have you smelt those Candles, They are so Yummy.

Anyway Enough of me Waffling on and on, Pop over to Laurens Blog and say Hi!

Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-)xx

8 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Jenny,
thanks again for another day of fabulous ideas and projects to make - the only trouble is I'm enjoying the blogs so much that I'm there's not enough time left to make them!!
Luv
Jane x

Rosina said...

Lovely box.

Sarah B said...

It is a beautiful box, Jenny, I was looking at it earlier this week. Love what you have done the colours are great, Love it Sarah B X

Ann said...

Another lovely project to file away in my ideas folder for future reference. Thanks for all your inspiration Jenny.

Sarah B said...

Hi, there is something for you over at my blog, Sarah B X

Stephanie said...

Just beautiful....again Jenny! Thanks for sharing all your amazing creations x

Unknown said...

Wonderful creativity!
All I need is the patience!
Seeing your gorgeous boxes, I might just have a bash.
Viv xxx

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Hi Jenny,

Lovely box and post! Being a USA demo I had to do a double take when I saw the title of your stamp set. Over here SU gave it the Bloomin' Beautiful name. Got me curious would the US name be considered a bad thing in the UK?

I guess culteral slang can make things interesting if that's the reason.

Thanks for sharing your talent and creative endeavors with the rest of us.

Hugs and blessings from a US member of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Stamps - Jean Fitch

 
09 10