Saturday 14 June 2008

Doodle That......

I found this colour combination on Split Coast stampers site, and I was ALLOWED to pick a carrot in our Garden this morning and was reminded off these lovely colours.

The stamp set is Doodle That, a little set of just four stamps but as I have said before the stamp images in Stampin' Up sets all mix and match which ever the size of the stamp set. The cardstock used is Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Apricot Appeal and Very Vanilla. I stamped the Apricot Appeal Layer which the doodle swirl in Apricot Appeal. I stamped the Happy word from the Happy Everything set in Pumpkin Pie and added a small piece of Pumpkin Designer Paper to the middle. Then I ran the whole layer through the Big Shot with Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder.

Next I stamped the same swirl in Apricot Appeal on Very Vanilla and coloured in using SU Markers. I stamped the flower 3 times in Black Stazon and coloured and cut out, added a Ruby Red brad and popped them up. I added a layer to this of Ruby Red which I ran down the edges with the Distressing Tool from the Cutter Kit.

I stamped the For You word sentiment on Pumpkin Pie in Ruby Red and cut out using the Round Tab Punch. I pricked under the word.
The flowers were popped up using 3D Dimensionals.
LOOK this is our first carrot, we rushed in and washed it. Cut it up in slices and munched on them (we all had a slice Hee!) WOW! the taste was brilliant and I don't actually like carrots much!

Hope you have a nice weekend,
Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-)xx

3 comments:

Mary said...

As John Barrymore would say (I think that's his name - memory fading) Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic. I adore the colours and love the card. Can we make it next Thursday?????? You are so talented and if I was becoming a demonstrator I would definitely sign under you as you would have so many good ideas to help me.
Luv Mary xxxx

Mary said...

Sorry - lovely carrot.
Mary x

Anonymous said...

Lovely card ... you did such a fabulous job of combining those colors.

 
09 10