Tuesday 15 January 2008

Tag Punch Star.....

I know its not Christmas now, but I am determined not to leave all my Christmas Cards to the last minute this year!
Thats my aim at least!......

This star is made using the two different sized punches from Stampin Up.

You can find the tutorial on Splitcoast stampers under resources.....

The first card is Sage Shadow, whisper white cardstock and wintergreen designer paper. The star was punched out in Glitterboard cardstock not from Stampin' Up. The snowflake is from the Perfect Presents stamp set and the sentiment is from the Seasonal Wishes stamp set.








This card is Bordering Blue and Whisper White cardstock. The background is the cuttlebug embossing folder snowflakes.

I stamped on whisper white cardstock with the Background Dots stamp in Bordering Blue. The star was punched out in Bordering Blue and layered onto the stamped whisper white card.
The centre and tag is from the Perfect Presents stamp set and a ice rhinestone brad was added for the centre. I added some Dazzling Diamond glitter around the edge of the star.




The base for this one is Real Red and then Mellow Moss and Dashing Designer paper.

I stamped on vellum cardstock with Real Red with the Dots Background stamp. This was lovely to cut out.
I added a rhinestone brad for the centre. The sentiment at the bottom is from Flakey Friends, the photo doesn't really pick it up - Its raining and dark at the moment.....

All 3 of them - I made these to show at my Workshop today.

Check back later as I will be doing some Blog Candy later as I see the counter has gone over 40,000 Hits! I'm 40 this month so its 40 all round.....














Have a lovely day,
Jenny:-)xx

6 comments:

Joani McDonald said...

I love these cards! I still have not yet tried this technique! I've got to try it now..
Hugs,
Joani

Anonymous said...

Jen, these are adorable and classic looking.
I'm on the same wavelength as you, not going to leave Christmas cards to the last minute this year. I intend to make a few each month so I don't have a panic in November.
thanks again for the wonderful inspiration

Mary said...

What a pity the colours, especially the blue, didn't come out the correct colours as they were superb. Still the cards were great and when Jenny showed how to make them it looked so easy. Everyone must try them - go on have a go, I will as soon as I have both the tag punches.
Mary xx

Christine said...

Wow Jenny 40,000 that didn't take long did it? Well done

As always fantastic cards - don't blame you doing chrissie cards, I actually made one last weekend (mind you I probaly won't make another one now until Dec 20th! lol) :-)

Lisa Burns said...

OMG - I love these cards and think I will need to try them also. Who cares if I wrote off Christmas a few weeks back when the tree came down :o) TFS these great samples!

simplyfairies said...

Wow wow and double wow, you make such stunningly beautiful creations

and congrats to you turning 40.... mmmm know what that feels like...lol
and wow at 40,000.00 hits

 
09 10