Saturday 19 January 2008

Simply Said Bookmark Card/Keepsake.....

Sorry this post is later than normal, I've been doing loads of baking today. Has anyone got some of the new silicone baking trays, they are brilliant. Theres a new cooking shop near us and they have them on offer at the moment and I thought it would be great for the boys to take to school - homemade cakes - not the silicone trays.

Back to cardmaking! This is the card we will be making on Monday Evening at Craft Club - I am taking all my Stampin' Up Goodies along to show.....

This card is also a Bookmark. The base cardstock is Ruby Red, 21cm x 14cm perforated at 15cm, leaving a 6cm Bookmark on the right.



For the bookmark, I stamped all over a strip of whisper white cardstock in More Mustard and Ruby Red with 3 flowers from the Simply Said Stamp set.

I added a scallop circle in Basic Black, then 1 3/8 circle punch scored in half and taped over the whole of the top. I used the crop a dile to cut and set the Jumbo Eyelet antique copper.

I added some Black ribbon (not SU) and then some More Mustard ribbon. The For You sentiment is from the Occasional Greetings set.



This is a close up of the top of the bookmark.





You can just see the perforation for the bookmark to be taken off. To do the perforation I used the Rotatrim (thanks Janette!) or you can use the perforator tool in the SU cutter kit, but I have 25 to do so it was quicker to use the Rotatrim.


For the Card part. I stamped the left hand side with Ruby Red ink and the Canvas Background stamp.

I added a strip of black which I punched with the spiral punch down one side.

Then I stamped the flowers in Ruby Red and the sentiment in Black with some more More Mustard ribbon. Added some More Mustard cardstock and some foam pads to lift it up.


Thats me done, just all the packs to make up now.

Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-)xx

7 comments:

Janette said...

WOW Jenny that is GORGEOUS...you better be charging more than 50p each for the materials to make that beauty !!
I hope you will help me to make it ?? as I dont want to miss out
Hugs
Janette x

Stamping Moments said...

Of course I will help my craft buddie xxxxx

Unknown said...

what a lovely colour combination, and unusual, that is fab, and an excellent gift for anyone, can i ask what size envelope it would fit in please Jenny? A5??

Stamping Moments said...

The enevelope would be a normal square one x

Jean R said...

I agree with Janette about the cost to DS members. Looking at the project for tommorrow we are certainly going to be kept very busy. I think it will be one of those must finish tonight cards, with a rush to order more card, ink,stamps from you. Already had my wish list sorted from the catalogue, looks like some more to be added now. Jean

Mary said...

Wow! Fabulous. These would make lovely cards for anyone. Keep me a pack Jenny please, and Yes they would cost more than 50p worth of materials so charge accordingly. You know why I can't be with you tomorrow evening but I have already put in my order. Have a great time.
Mary xxx

Unknown said...

thanks Jenny!!

 
09 10