Monday 21 January 2008

Polka Dot Slider Card......

I am taking along some of my Stampin' Up Goodies to Craft Club tonight and this is the card I am going to demonstrate.

I wasn't sure whether I could still make one as the slot punch isn't in the UK catalogue yet, but I found that the 1/4 square is the same size as the 1/4" grosgrain ribbon - It works fine - Phew!

What do you think of these two colours then?
Elegant Eggplant and Orchid Opulence.....

The Base is 21cm x 10cm scored at 10cm and 20cm leaving 1cm as a tab to make the cover.

I used some double sided tape on the 1cm and stuck the front down. I then stamped in Elegant Eggplant with the background stamp in the Polka Dot & Paisley stamp set just in two corners.

The next layer is 7cm x 7cm in Orchid Opulence. I used the Round Tab Punch to cut out the circle in the next layer of Elegant Eggplant and stamped all over with the flower head.

Next layers are scallop punch, 1 3/8 circle, 1 1/4 circle, 1" circle. I stamped the tall flower first on whisper white in Orchid Opulence and then used the Stamp a ma jig to postion the flower head stamp over it in Elegant Eggplant. A rhinestone brad was added. I layered them all together with foam pads on the third layer.

For the insert/slider part:- The first layer is 9.5cm x 9.5cm in Orchid Opulence and then a piece of whisper white 9cm x 9cm, I used the corner rounder on two of the corners that will show (2 right hand ones). I stamped down the right hand edge in the two colours with the tall flower and then the sentiment, which is the Sincere Salutations.

I used the 3/4 circle to punch out the half circle where the ribbon is pulled from and the 1/4 square to thread the ribbon through

To put the card together:- Cut a piece of ribbon 40cm long or how ever long you are comfortable tying a knot with. Thread the ribbon through the square punched out hole from the front and out the back. Place the insert inbetween the ribbon and push back inside the card until it reaches the left hand side now tye the knot. Card complete......Pull on the knot to slide the card open.......

Have a try, it is easier than my instructions sound, there is another slider card on my blog to look at as well.

Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-)xx

8 comments:

Emma Joyner said...

LOVE THE COLOURS!! Have fun at your craft club tonight..
xx

Janette said...

Hi Jen,
Cant wait to see this for real tonight....looking forward to it
C U L8r
Janette x

Morwenna said...

I love those colours too! A great project, Jenny.

Unknown said...

Oh lovely colour combo... i love purple! i hope you have a FAB time tonight.......

Tara said...

great card...love all that purple!

Mary said...

Love this card, love the colour combination and design. Please make this card on the next Thursday we meet as Sharon and I love it so.
Mary xx

Bastelzauberin said...

Your Card is so nice.

Lg
Silke

sandie carter said...

Thanks for sharing how to make this fun looking card.

 
09 10