Tuesday 22 January 2008

Carte Postale Z-Card.....

This is the card I demonstrated at Yvonnes Workshop today...

Another Z-card, you know how I like these...

The base card is Chocolate Chip. Its half a sheet of cardstock cut down the length. Its then folded in half and the front is then folded back on itself.

The next cardstock is Rose Red and the Designer Paper is also Rose Red.

The stamp set is Carte Postale and the senitment is one of the warm words from a Level One Hostess Set. I used the 1/2 circle punch to take out the corners of the front layers. I used Rose Red and Chocolate Chip inkpads, then the pricking tool and mat to go along the top and bottom.
This is taped on the left hand side only, see next piccie. Some 5/8" ribbon was added with a knot to the left hand side.

The scallop circle is what holds the card shut. Only put a couple of 3D foam pads on one side so that the centre piece slips behind it.

The scallop circle was done in Rose Red, then 1 3/8" circle is Chocolate Chip and then the flower is stamped in Rose Red on whisper white and punched out using 1 1/4" circle punch.

I added a small piece of whisper white and stamped the little flower sprays in two corners.






This is a close up of the scallop part. I pricked in each scallop as well. A dot with a white gel pen would look nice as well.

Got to bake some more cakes, the 3 boys in my household have worked their way through the load I made on Saturday. Wouldn't mind but I only got to eat one, they were eating them as they came out of the oven!! Little Monkeys......

Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-)xx

2 comments:

Wendy said...

This card is absolutely breathtaking!

Janette said...

lovely card....dont forget to post the recipe for the lemon cakes you made...P-L-E-A-S-E
Hugs
janette

 
09 10