Saturday 12 January 2008

Beates Weekend Challenge #30



The lovely Beate is back with her Weekend Challenge. I love doing the sketches as sometimes its just nice to do a card going by a layout and not having to think too much!!!!:-)

For this card, I had already been playing with the gorgeous Petals & Paisley doublesided paper set from Stampin Up. The colours are so Yummy!

The cardstock used are Taken with Teal, Old Olive, So Saffron and Very Vanilla. The inkpads used were the same except very vanilla.

The base card is 14cm x 28cm folded in half in Taken with Teal. Then Old Olive and So Saffron, which I did some faux stitching with the pricking mat & tool and went over with the white gel pen. The strip of So Saffron was cuttlebugged with the Tiny Bubbles embossing folder edged with some Old Olive cardstock.

The flower is from the Mixed Bouquet stamp set and also the leaves on the bottom right hand corner. The scalloped circles are the Petite Scallop in Large Nestabilities. The small one from this size fits inside the SU Scallop Punch beautifully. The flower was stamped in So Saffron on the Very Vanilla cardstock twice and a Jumbo Antique Brass Eyelets was added with an Ice Rhinestone Brad.

The sentiment in Taken with Teal was from the Sincere Salutations stamp set.

If you are stuck for ideas pop over to Beates Blog as all her sketches are on there. Enjoy!

When I get to 40,000 Hits I will be doing some Blog Candy.:-)

Hope you are having a nice weekend,

Jenny:-)xx

Jenny

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny
lovely card, its quite scary as i have done beate's challenge this week too and i have used the same papers! how bizarre is that! i have been at work all day at CTM so have not had time to photograph it! i love the papers they are so lush! i love the way everything co-ordinates!

simplyfairies said...

Ohhhh this is soooo beautiful, I do soooo love your blog!!!

Nicola said...

I love your blog. You are very inspiring.

Hugs
Nic

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a wonderful card. Beates challenges are indeed fun! I clicked on top crafty blogs and that is how I found you. I really love your work.

Mary said...

What a great card this is, I really love it. Keep up the good work as I look on your blog everyday for inspirations. If only I had the time as well.
Mary xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!
Congrats on your impending milestone!
Hugs and smiles

M.E. Greene said...

Gorgeous card! I love it!

 
09 10