Wednesday 17 October 2007

Altered Makeup Tin.....

My friend Janette gave me these tins to try and do something with them.... This is what I came up with.


I used papermania pack of papers to cover the top and bottom. Then I ran double sided tape around the edge of the lip and base and stuck ribbon to it. I cut some flowers from the cuttlebug flower die set and added some paper and a button. The letters are from hobbycraft near the K&Co. section.






I lined the inside of the box with some spotty paper and the
sentiment is from the Simply Said stamp set.
I used my scallop scissors to go around the oval punch.


The little flowers are again cuttlebug, which I made into Magnets. I added the paper and stuck the buttons on with glue dots, before adding the ribbon through the button holes.




The magnets stuck to the fridge with a tiny piece of paper but the magnets were not strong enough to hold a piece of A4 paper. They are just pretty.......






This is the magnet on the fridge!!




These are the tins Janette gave me. Thank craft buddie!!



These are the buttons, from the range.



Thanks for looking,
Jenny :-)xx

5 comments:

Julia said...

The tin is soooo lovely! I love a bit of pink and sparkle!!

Janette said...

Hi Jenny,
Wow that tin looks so much better than when I gave it to you !!
LOL
I have some more for you to play with
C U Tomorrow
Hugs
Janette x

Anonymous said...

This is super cute! Too bad they're not strong enough to hold a bunch of menus or photos up. Maybe bigger magnets??

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Lovely tin Jenny.

Mary said...

Hi Jenny
Loved the tin and the magnets. Get them out for us to see tomorrow please.
Mary xx

 
09 10